Submit your order securely to us via this web site. Visit us again after you have placed your order to easily track your shipment and view order history. You can even choose to pick up your order at one of the bookstore locations - at no additional cost!
Allow 2 Business Days for Pick Up at Southlake and Lakeshore Bookstores
ORDER PICKUP & RETURNS
GRAYSLAKE: LancerZone (B131). Enter the Campus through the A1 Entrance (Science Building Door). Mon. -Thurs. 7:45 am - 7 pm / Fridays 7:45 am - 4:30 pm.
SOUTHLAKE: LancerZone (V134). Call (847) 543-6530 for more information.
LAKESHORE: 33 N. Genessee - REAR Bookstore door. Call (847)-543-2189 for more information.
NOTE: The Bookstore staff will be wearing masks during transactions and we expect that you will do us the courtesy of wearing masks as well. We respect your health - please respect our health, too!.back to top
Ordering By Fax or Phone
We do not accept orders by fax or phone.back to top
College of Lake County Bookstore College of Lake County Bookstore is proud to offer you the most competitive shipping rates. All of our shipments are professionally packed to ensure the safety of your items in route.
On average, your order will be received in 2 - 5 working days depending on the method chosen for delivery. Be advised during August and January, processing may take longer.back to top
Policies and Procedures
An Online Order Number or Cash Register Receipt is REQUIRED for returns. Refunds will be made to the original form of payment.• Fall & Spring: Books/course materials purchased through the first week of classes may be returned up to 2 weeks from the first day of the semester. 5 business days to return purchases made between the week after the Semester begins up to the week before mid-term.
• Summer: Books/course materials purchased through the first day of the semester can be returned up until 1 week after the Semester start date. 5 business days to return purchases made the day after the Semester begins up to the week before mid-term.
• All Semesters: No refunds on books/course materials purchased the week before Mid-term through the End of the semester.
• Late Start Classes: 5 business days from the first day of class to return. (Regardless of purchase date)
• Dropped Classes: Books for dropped classes, WITH PROOF OF DROP, may be returned thirty days from the first day of the semester.
• Access codes, E-books, and Digital content are NON-RETURNABLE once registered.
• New Books, no longer in NEW condition, will be refunded at the USED price.
• Shrink-wrapped book bundles and Kits must be returned with ALL components intact/unused.
• No returns on stapled-paper Lab Manuals, Chemistry Experiments, or Speaker’s Packets.
• Non-textbook items in new condition (with tags, unused/unworn, still in package, etc.) and unopened laptops, tablets, and printers may be returned within 5 business days of purchase.
• Phone chargers, earphones, and related items are not returnable.
• Defective merchandise may be replaced within 10 days of purchase (excluding, laptops, tablets, and printers.) back to top
• Online orders not yet picked up and digital content not yet accessed may be returned by phone within the standard Return-Policy dates.
• Students will be emailed a reminder that their order is still ready before we return the item(s) to stock.
• Orders not picked up within 30 days of purchase will be reshelved and are NOT refunded. Please call us at (847) 543-2086 with questions.
back to top
• Please make sure your book has a Rental - Do Not Remove sticker, with the due date on it, before returning. If you are unsure if your book was rented, please call the bookstore at (847)543-2086 or stop by any campus LancerZone store.
• Rentals are due back to the CLC Bookstore on or before the last day of the semester.
• Students will be emailed, called or texted a reminder of this date.
• Return rentals to any campus LancerZone store OR write your name, Student ID #, and phone # on a piece of paper, place inside each rental book, and drop in the outside library drop box – located on Sun Pivot Circle.
• Books must be returned with no liquid damage or stains. All pages, covers, and binding must be intact.
• Damaged books will be charged the replacement cost of the book (listed on the receipt). An additional $5 late fee will be added if the damaged book is past the due date.
• Rentals not returned will be assessed the replacement cost plus an additional $5 administrative fee.
• A one-day grace period will be granted the first business day after due date.
• Charges will be applied the second business day after the due date. The credit card on file will be charged replacement costs and late fees. If Financial Aid was used, if the credit card on file has insufficient funds, or if the card on file is no longer billable for any reason - all replacement costs, fees, and a hold will be applied to the student’s general CLC account. These charges must be paid in full, out of pocket to the college Cashier (One Stop) to release holds.
• Late rental returns will be accepted from the time charges have been applied until the last day of the following semester. Credit cards will be refunded all but $15 restocking fee per book. Charges will be reduced to $15 restocking fee per book on student accounts and must be paid in full to the college Cashier (One Stop) to release holds.
• Late returns will no longer be accepted after the above time frame. However, books may be checked for buyback eligibility.
back to top
• In the event that a student returns NON-Rental books in the rental-return drop box, the CLC Bookstore will attempt to contact the student in order to arrange pickup of the book(s).
• Non-rentals will be held for 30 days after the Rental due date. Books not picked up within this time are considered abandoned and will be donated.
back to top
Contact us anytime with questions or concerns via email at: BKS.WEBSTORE@CLCILLINOIS.EDU You can also contact our customer service department at: 847-543-2086back to top