Digital Content (E-Books And Courseware)
The College of Lake County online bookstore offers (optional) digital versions of physical textbooks for a wide variety of courses. Choosing digital content saves money. There is nothing to pick up or have shipped. Access information is sent to the student’s email address.
When creating your clcbkst.com account, be sure to enter an active CLC student email address (email@example.com) and double check that it is typed correctly.
Order confirmations, online access instructions, temporary passwords and all other important order information will be sent to this address.
Website Definitions And Helpful Purchasing Info:
- Digital textbooks are listed with (DC) after the title.
- Binding: Digital Content.
- Digital Rental means access to the online textbook, at the price shown, for one semester. Select courses may also offer 1- or 2-year digital rental options.
- If you buy only digital content listed with (DC) then you don't have to come in for pickup or pay for delivery! Just check your email using the directions below.
- Courseware is learning material that is much more than just an E-book. It includes homework, quizzes, study aides, and more! Many instructors use courseware in their classes to enhance learning experience.
There are 3 different ways you can locate your digital materials:
Digital content can be accessed immediately after you place your order! After you are completely checked out, you will receive a Thank You notice with your order number. Below this, you will see a link that takes you directly to your digital materials.
An email will also be sent to the email address that your CLCBKST.com account is setup with. You will receive 2 emails from College of Lake County Bookstore. One will include your order information and confirmation number, the other will include your digital access information.
If your email looks like this, you have purchased an E-book and should follow the directions below.
For e-books you will access your materials straight from clc.redshelf.com.
The email address you placed your order with will automatically be set up on the Redshelf site. This should be your firstname.lastname@example.org email.
Click "Log In" on the top right corner of the screen on clc.redshelf.com
Either Log In to your Redshelf account if you already have one or click Forgot Password if this is your first time using the Redshelf site. Requesting a reset, will send you a link to the email you placed your order on CLCBKST.com with.
After logging in, you should see your e-book on My Shelf and you will be able to read your digital book straight from here.
Depending on whether your digital materials are an e-book or courseware, your email will look different.
If your email looks like the one below, you are accessing courseware.
Courseware such as Cengage Unlimited, Mindtap, OWLv2, or WebAssign, Pearson MyLab, Mastering, or Revel, McGraw-Hill Connect or ALEKS, Macmillan Learning LaunchPad etc.; access will be through the publisher’s platform.
- After clicking Redeem Your Books you will see the Redshelf Redemption Code for your digital courseware. Click the code to copy it your clipboard.
- Navigate to clc.redshelf.com.
- Paste your redemption code into the Redeem Code box—this will take you to your My Shelf page where your courseware link will be.
- Copy the given access code to your clip board and then click the Access Courseware button. This will bring you to the publisher’s website.
- After creating an account and logging in, you will be brought to the publisher's courseware platform to access the materials.
- You will then look for the "Enter Access Code / Course Key" link.
- Paste the code from your clipboard in the box and click "Register."
- You have successfully registered your prodcut and you now have access to it!
After registering, you can access your materials straight from Canvas.
See example below:
If you already have an account set up with the publisher, log in. If not, you will need to create an account.
Missing or deleted email? You can still access your digital materials link through your CLCBKST.com account
- Navigate to CLCBKST.com and click "Sign In."
- After signing in you will see a page with a "My Account" icon and an "Order History" icon. Click on "Order History." This will bring you to all the orders you have placed on CLCBKST.com.
- Click on the order where you purchased your digital course materials.
- This will bring you to your order details.
- Click "CLICK HERE to redeem your digital books."
- This will bring you access to your redemption code. Follow the instructions from Method #2 to move forward in accessing your e-book or courseware.
What Digital Can Do For You:
- eReader and Features Overview – RedShelf Solve
- RedShelf Tutorial Videos (collected) – RedShelf Solve
Digital Help And Troubleshooting:
Visit http://Solve.redshelf.com for common troubleshooting tips and more!
Cookies And Other System Errors:
- Cengage Courseware Troubleshooting – RedShelf Solve
- Pearson Courseware Troubleshooting – RedShelf Solve
- McGraw-Hill Courseware Troubleshooting – RedShelf Solve
- Macmillan Courseware Troubleshooting – RedShelf Solve