What is available to rent?
We offer over 500 titles, both New and Used, for rent. Rental options are shown in the textbooks listing on our website or offered at checkout in store.
What do you need to rent?
A credit/debit card (in student's name) OR a Financial Aid account is required to secure rentals. Student ID number and current cell phone # must also be provided. If you do not return the book, it will be charged to the credit card or Financial Aid account used to secure the rental.
Rental Agreement Terms
- Check books for any damage BEFORE signing the rental agreement. If the rental book is ordered online, book is checked by staff before shipment.
- RETURN ON OR BEFORE THE DUE DATE
- NO WATER / LIQUID DAMAGE
- NO WRITING & MINIMAL HIGHLIGHTING
- STUDENTS WILL BE CHARGED THE REPLACEMENT COST OF BOOKS RETURNED DAMAGED OR PAST THE DUE DATE (ALSO SUBJECT TO LATE FEES). A HOLD MAY BE PUT ON A STUDENT'S ACCOUNT UNTIL CHARGES ARE PAID.
SUMMER RENTALS are due FRIDAY, AUGUST 7, 2020 - by 4:30 pm.
• Write your Name, Student ID# and Contact Info on a piece of paper and place inside your book. Drop the book in the Library Drop Box located near the main entrance on Sun Pivot Circle.
• Earth Science 120 Kits maybe dropped off in the large Blue Bins inside the doors of the E Building
COVID-19 UPDATE - CLC Campuses are inaccessible to students, community members and non-essential staff. Though the Grayslake campus is open for special student access, it is still closed on Fridays. The bookstore is filling online orders, shipping by UPS only by 2:30 daily, Monday through Thursday. (Should an order come in after 2 pm, it will be shipped next day) You must choose a UPS Shipping Option to have your textbooks sent to you. Financial Aid orders must be signed for in person. (Note: If Financial Aid is used to purchase books, paperwork will have to be filled out.) Be prepared to show a student ID and photo ID. Check our homepage for updates.
COVID-19 SUMMER RENTAL RETURN - BILLING WILL TAKE PLACE IN AUGUST.