What is available to rent?
We offer hundreds of titles, both New and Used, for rent. Rental options are shown in the textbooks listed on our website.
What do you need to rent?
A credit/debit card (in student's name) OR a Financial Aid account is required to secure rentals. Student ID number and current cell phone # must also be provided. If you do not return the book, it will be charged to the credit card or Financial Aid account used to secure the rental.
Rental Agreement Terms
- Check books for any damage BEFORE signing the rental agreement. If the rental book is ordered online, book is checked by staff before shipment.
- RETURN ON OR BEFORE THE DUE DATE
- NO WATER / LIQUID DAMAGE
- NO WRITING & MINIMAL HIGHLIGHTING
- STUDENTS WILL BE CHARGED THE REPLACEMENT COST OF BOOKS RETURNED DAMAGED OR PAST THE DUE DATE (ALSO SUBJECT TO LATE FEES). A HOLD WILL BE PUT ON A STUDENT'S ACCOUNT UNTIL CHARGES ARE PAID.
Write your name, student ID#, & contact
info on an index card or piece of paper. Place that in your rental & then give your book back according to any of the following options:
• Return your book in person at any Lancerzone campus store during regular hours of operation.
• Drop your book in the Library Drop Box at the GRAYSLAKE Campus (located on Sun Pivot Circle at the Main Entrance by bus stop)
• Ship your book to: College of Lake County ATTN BOOKSTORE 19351 W Washington Grayslake IL 60030 (student is responsible for shipping charges)
GRAYSLAKE: LancerZone (B131), 19351 W. Washington, Grayslake. Mon - Thurs : 7:45 am - 7 pm
LAKESHORE: LancerZone, 33 N. Genessee, Waukegan. Mon - Thurs : 8:00 am - 7 pm
SOUTHLAKE: LancerZone (V134) 1120 S. Milwaukee, Vernon Hills. Mon - Thurs : 8:30 am - 7 pm
Please Note: Financial Aid orders must be signed for in person. (If Financial Aid is used to purchase or rent books, paperwork will have to be filled out.) Be prepared to show a student ID and photo ID. Check our homepage for updates.