The fastest way to get the books you need for all your courses!
(PLEASE scroll all the way down for additional important information!)
ATTENTION: COVID 19 UPDATE - All CLC Campuses are inaccessible to students, community members and non-essential staff. The bookstore is filling orders between 8 am and noon. (Should your order come in after noon it will be shipped the next day) YOU MUST choose a UPS Shipping Option to have your textbooks sent to you, OR choose Curbside Pickup for your Summer books. Please be aware that Curbside is only available until June 15th.
CURBSIDE PICK UP for SUMMER SEMESTER
Curbside Pick Up will be available June 1st -15th, Monday thru Friday, Noon - 7pm. (NOTE: Closed Friday, June 12th.) Pick Up will take place outside the E building (Campus Police.) Upon arrival park in designated spots. Call 847-543-2086 and state spot #, your name and reason why yuou are here. We will also have Buyback available at our Curbside Pick Up. Please continue to check this website for updates on procedures!
• Order Pickup - give Order #
• Rental return, Buyback or book return - pop trunk, place book inside with receipt or proper paperwork
NEW RENTAL RETURN DATE IS FRIDAY, MAY 22. Billing will take place MAY 27.
Rental Returns (Updated 5/22/22)
Please write your Name, student ID# and contact information and place the paper/sticky note tightly inside the book.
Dropbox: Drop your book with completed information into the CLC Library drop box located on Sun Pivot Circle at the main entrance of the Grayslake Campus. Do not drop in Mailbox! ESC 121 kits can be put in the drop box, ESC 120 kits must be returned as listed below or brought back during Bookstore curbside services June 1st-15th on the Grayslake Campus. Books will be retreived daily from the drop box.
U.S. Mail: Package your book and information to avoid damage in transit. Send to College Of Lake County ATTN: Bookstore Rental Return., 19351 W Washington Grayslake IL 60030. Add postage and take to your post office.
Books will be checked for water damage, staining, broken spine or missing pages. (Per your rental agreement)Books meeting the criteria will be returned, and a system generated email will be sent. Unreturnable books will be placed to the side for pickup when the store reopens.
Buyback (Updated 5/22/20)
CLC is partnering with our vendor Nebraska Book Company to offer a virtual buyback. Log onto www.clcbkst.com . From the left menu select Textbooks>Sell Textbooks and follow the instructions on the page. We will also have Buyback available at our Curbside Pick Up, June 1st - 15th.
Please continue to check this site as more information becomes available!
Textbook Refunds For Students Who Successfully Withdraw From Spring Classes
Textbook Refund Policy – COVID 19 Withdrawal
Students who have successfully withdrawn from a course for the Spring 2020 Semester are eligible to receive a *pro-rated textbook refund based on the remaining time left in the course at the time of withdrawal. See refund schedule below. Students must provide a CLC cash register receipt or credit card statement, as proof the book was purchased from CLC Bookstore. If no receipt is available, the return must be done in person to verify the book was purchased at CLC Bookstore.
*Pro-rated refund will be given with proof of withdrawal during the week of:
· March 16th to March 22nd refund would be 50 %
March 23rd to March 29th refund would be 44%
· March 30th to April 5th refund would be 37%
· April 6th to April12th refund would be 30%
· April 13th to April 19th refund would be 24%
Please note: No textbook refunds will be given if withdrawal occurs after April 20, 2019.
How to return books to the CLC Bookstore remotely (Please note refund must be completed before June 15, 2020):
Student must return the textbook via USPS or UPS (tracking option chosen) with the following items:
· -Textbook- must be in good condition - free of water damage, no broken binding or torn pages AND packed to avoid damage in transit.
· - Proof of purchase (Bookstore Cash Register Receipt or Credit Card bank statement with the date of purchase circled. If no receipt is available and cash was used to conduct the transaction, the return CANNOT be made remotely.
· -Student ID number
· - Student name and contact information
Once the Bookstore receives the information from the student by UPS or USPS, the drop date will be verified by Bookstore personnel and the pro-rated return amount will be determined. The student will be contacted for the additional information needed to complete the return.
HOW TO RETURN TEXTBOOKS DURING CURBSIDE PICKUP June 1-15 (Please note refund must be completed before June 15, 2020):
Bring textbook and all components and place in trunk with the following information. We will discuss individual situations once we retrieve the book.
· - Name and ID# written on paper and placed inside book
· - Textbook – must be in good condition free of water damage, no broken binding or torn pages.
· - Proof of purchase (Bookstore Cash Register Receipt or Credit Card bank statement with the date of purchase circled. If no receipt is available, Bookstore staff must verify purchase was made at CLC Bookstore. PLEASE NOTE: Textbook return must be completed during this return period as outlined by the College. NO RETURNS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER JUNE 15th
BOOKS ARE BEING STOCKED FOR SUMMER SEMESTER - Check here for titles!
DINING DOLLARS CARDS are now available in store and online at www.clcbkst.com. Online cards can be purchased in increments of $10, $25, $50 and $100. In store, cards can be loaded with any dollar amount. Dining Dollars Cards can be purchased with Financial Aid, charge card or cash. Dining Dollars can be redeemed in Café Willow for an extra 5% off purchases or for food purchased in any campus bookstore.
We are currently HIRING for a Student Worker position at the Bookstore! If you are interested, please fill out the application available here.